Tuesday, April 17, 2007

True equality.

I want to share with you all something that I have discovered while arguing with a feminist. This has changed my view radically on the entire situation of equal rights, as well as the Feminist vs. MRA controversy.

It looks to me now, as a weird puzzle that simply needs to be put back together, but is somewhat impossible to resolve. Therefore, as my view is radically changed, I will from now on only post in this regard, and I believe it to be truly right. I will take both views into consideration, feminist, and MRA - how so?
It's easy. I'll show you.

The following you probably will not understand entirely. It requires openness of both heart and mind, and it requires you to really look deep inside yourself before you can truly acknowledge the controversity that is going on between the two orginizations. But if you can do this, you will be enlightened, and see the 2 genders for what they really are:

I visited a feminist site, and pasted in the rant that I posted in my last blog entry out of pure frustration. This was stupid of me, but I did it nevertheless - In pure desperation that they simply did not understand my agenda. Completely oblivious to the fact, that I did'nt understood theirs either - wich seemed even more stupid.

But luckily, one of the female posters (I'm incredibly thankful that she opened my eyes to this), wrote something that I at first dismissed, but then got a really good look at. Here it is:

“I think male and female roles both need to be destroyed as power differentials are built into our cultural conceptions of gender. For me, in the West, power and the patriarchy is rooted the sexed body, with the male body as strong and dominant- the female body weak passive- the male body normal- the female body trangressive and problematic. I don’t really think biology is the problem. How we understand the body or biology has everything to do with our conceptions of gender. We live in a society that is built around the male body and its needs and desires. Once we destroy the gender system we can build a society that is more suitable for the life cyles and bodies of both sexes. Vive la Revolution.”

I found that the more I read into this, the more I agreed. I began to find, that there was absolutely nothing in this writing, that I did'nt agree with. Then all the weird doublestandards across the two organizations started to swirl in over me - and I found the truth. I sat there, with my browser open, thinking about the MRA and Feminism - and I found that what I needed to do, was nothing more than mediation in principal.

I felt like a psychologist all of a sudden, because her view was no different than mine, or any other MRA for that matter. If you are an MRA or a Feminist, let me elaborate and show you:

Feminist: "I think male and female roles both need to be destroyed as power differentials are built into our cultural conceptions of gender".

- This is the language feminists use, and they can understand this. Here is the same thing said in an MRA's words:

MRA: "We should stop thinking about "women" and "men". We should think about ourselves as "Human".

This is excactly the same thing. No more, no less. On we go:

Feminist: "For me, in the West, power and the patriarchy is rooted the sexed body, with the male body as strong and dominant- the female body weak passive- the male body normal- the female body trangressive and problematic"

- Again, the feminists language. I will break it down so it's easier for MRA's to understand:

the male body as strong and dominant (Normally): Agressive.
the female body weak passive(Problematically): Victim.

They are again the excactly same thing. We have found the same reasons for the same things, but we seem to interpret the meaning differently. Lets move on. This is the only difference in the two ideologies, and both of them have NO use in the search for equality. It is very crucial that you understand this, this has no use. This is the only reason why we are so angry:

Feminists: "We live in a society that is built around the male body and its needs and desires"

Why is this the reason? Because MRA's believe this:

MRA: "We live in a society where everything is about the females and their needs and desires"

Now here is the sugar you have all been waiting for. Not before you can HONESTLY and TRULY read these two statements - and agree with them both!

Both the Feminists, and the MRA!

- can you be for true equality.

Because they are both right.

I do realize that this probably did'nt convince you, but no harm. Once you have foughtt this battle for a couple of years, you will begin to come to your senses. You will see how it really is, without having to assign yourself to any specific gender, an then you will be enlightened. You will be a part of the society I just joined. For True Equality.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Great post!

As you know, I'm a feminist.
But I did once hear a quote, can't remember who by or what it was exactly, but it was something about how feminists should really be called humanists.

So, maybe it's the titles we give ourselves; they too are based on our gender.

However, and maybe you could call this personal bias, but I always concern myself more with social effects on women. (I guess, hence me calling myself a Feminist rather than a Humanist.)

But is it just a "A rose by any other name" kind of thing?

Sorry this comment is rambly and not as articulate as I could be, I'm a tad on the tired side, and whatnot.

Martin said...

It's a shame that feminism has been loaded with such bad emotions throughout the time - I believe this to be the sole cause why they still can't find a solution to the problems that they layed out.

Often Feminism is judged to be this really hateful misandric organization when in reality, there are so many diversities that all have their say. Yet, you are all being judged for the hate a few women have thrown out there, and that is plain wrong - and so typical human! Why do we attack an ideology instead of trying to find a solution to a general problem?

And I agree with the bias. There is a reason I joined the MRA, though I simply can't be there now, as I think they are blind. Blind to what the truth is, swallowed up in hate - and not concerned with finding a solution to the actual problem.

I'm enlightened, and I feel so happy that I do not have to fight. There is no enemy in equality.

Thank you for taking the time to reading my blog. :)

Anonymous said...

nice one.

actually 'neither pro-feminist nor mra' has been my motto for a while now.

cause i don't want to associate myself with the bullies and blanket-blamers domineering on both sides, though i still believe in equal opportunities and shared responsabilities.

though yeah, sometimes it's tiring getting called names from both sides just for refusing to obey to either ideology but trying to be honest and true.

so i wish you strenght an all.

ps: why is there no recent posts and archives sections on your main page? especially when your blog grows bigger, these things are very helpful, at least imho.