Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Agression/Dominance: Women

I will start with women because I believe women to be the most psychologically oppressed gender in todays society. I also believe that women have mostly put this on themselves. And I will adress agression first, because unless I do, agression among women may be more prominent in future society than it is today.

Women in todays society have a lot of problems that are mostly linked to emotion, and the fact that they deny/oppress their own feelings. They do this because of political correctness, and because they were told that it is not right to behave in certain manners. I believe that a lot of these problems are linked together, but I will still try to adress them one by one.

- "A real lady does'nt get angry"

- "A real lady never mocks other people"

- "Women often talk behind peoples backs, and that is the worst form of mocking"

- "Women are always nice"

This is what all women are inadvertably told, or have drawn as conclusions based on modern society. I believe this is the sole cause why women often freaks out.

If you are a woman, you may recognize this scenario. You are in a relationship with a man, and you do your best for a month to be really really nice. But he never listens. He does'nt acknowledge you, and he only thinks about himself. Then after this month is gone, you get so angry that you explode, and you let it all out at once.

When you do this, you feel great. You can feel the anger come out, and you like that feeling of agression inside you. You shout louder and louder, and you enjoy it so much, that you want to go on - even though you may already have let all your anger out.

This is nothing to be ashamed about, and it is all natural.

Some women, and this is the women I meet most, will not acknowledge that they are angry because they are told that women are not angry. I believe that women in this category are the most unhealthy. They are in a relationship, and because that they do not acknowledge that they are angry - they will boss the man around, by mimicking his behaviour. They will be dominant. This is also associated with other feelings, that I believe a lot of women have oppressed inside of them for a long time. I will write about this later.

I believe that oppressed anger leads to childishness. When a woman has a lot of anger, she will often get this out by behaving as a child. This is nothing to be ashamed about, but it is okay to be angry as it is only a human feeling. Women have a much easier time with listening to a man when he is acting childish, and they enjoy acting childish because they can let a lot of different feelings out at once.

A few women want to be happy all the time, because they are told that they should be happy all the time. But since noone can be happy for eternity, and they try to hold on to this happiness, they get frustrated. Frustration often leads to a milder from of depression, that I believe a lot of women suffer from without knowing it - because they do not allow themselves to be depressed, or frustrated. This is connected to the fact that women are told to be strong also.

Women also feel sad because they know that they boss a man around. I believe women wants the man, in many situations, to stand his ground and say no. And because they do not understand that the man does'nt do this, they feel bad about themselves, because they are not nice. It is okay to do these things.

Many women must learn to let go of this. They must learn that it is okay to feel the anger or frustraion inside of them as often as they wish to. And they must learn that it is okay for this anger to be directed at anything. Especially many feminists must acknowledge that they are angry at men, and they must say this out loud. They have to feel the anger inside of them, and contemplate on this feeling before they can truly let this go. I believe that they have to do this all the time, women have to express and feel their anger whenever it is present, but they must learn to do this right.

All anger must be associated with an "I". To say "You make me angry!" is not good enough, and I believe that "I am angry" is the only thing that works. Women must come to terms with their feelings of anger whenever it arises, so it does'nt cloud their judgement. Parents must trust that their children is able to reason, and not try to hold on to anger. They must learn their children that anger is a legitimate feeling, but that it is something they should let go of in small portions, and then leave it alone until it arises again.

Many believe that if one expresses anger often, it will make that person be more angry in general. I do not believe this to be true. Often you do not even have to express your anger, but simply acknowledge that it is there, and it is okay to be there, and you will no longer feel the need to express it. But you must not count on this.

And now I am angry, because my coffee is cold. Damn!

But this will be more important to society in the future, as more parents will tell their girls not to be angry - and deny it. They will tell them this because they have heard that women are just as violent as men, and I believe this to be true. But if parents tell this to their girls, I believe that it will only make matters worse.

In order to get a society without cultural preconceptions we must come to term with the feelings that are within us, and how we deal with these feelings - as they are the only thing that truly matter in true equality of the sexes.

5 comments:

Amy said...

- "A real lady does'nt get angry"

- "A real lady never mocks other people"

- "Women often talk behind peoples backs, and that is the worst form of mocking"

- "Women are always nice"

This is what all women are inadvertably told, or have drawn as conclusions based on modern society. I believe this is the sole cause why women often freaks out.


That reminds me of what Susan Brownmiller wrote in Femininity.

Martin said...

Well, what can I say? She sounds like a clever woman.

G M said...

Ladies don't get angry? LMAO - I guess I haven't met a "real lady" in a looonngggg time then!

Martin said...

byrdeye,

Read my blogentry called 'True Equality'.

Renegade Evolution said...

Rage. I live it, love it, won't go anywhere without it.